Any references in this policy to “we”, “us”, “our”, “Online Merchant” and/or the “Company” is to Online Merchant Ltd. Online Merchant Ltd is a private company limited by shares incorporated in Ireland whose registered number is 562300 and whose registered office is at Barmona, Monamolin, Gorey, Co Wexford, Ireland.
Online Merchant Ltd only collect and use individual user details where we have legitimate business reasons, and where we are legally entitled to do so. Information in relation to personal data collected by Irish entities is available on www.dataprotection.ie, the website of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner.
Online Merchant Ltd collects the details provided by you on registration together with information we learn about you from your use of our service and your visits to our website and other sites accessible from it. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake.
The personal information required for the provision of the Online Merchant Ltd services are
We may collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotions or competitions offered by us and information you provide when giving us feedback. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use which enables us to improve the service we provide.
Information shared with Stripe to process payments includes:
- Unique payment identifier
- Payment provider identifier
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular we use the information for the following:-
- We use chat bot software ‘Screets’ to talk to our customers – please visit – https://screets.com/legal/privacy
- Compliance with legal obligations – retention of credit records as per Finance Acts.
- Contractual necessity – processing of your data is required to fulfill a contract – i.e. to process and deliver your order.
- We may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information that you may find interesting using the email address you submit to us.
- We may also use your contact information – phone, email or postal address – to contact you for market research purposes.
The information we have will be used to customise the website according to your interests.
Online Merchant Ltd will hold onto your personal data if you have purchased any of our services, in accordance with the Finance Acts, for 7 years.
Online Merchant Ltd will hold onto your personal data in order to provide our services to you.
We will never pass your personal data to anyone else unless the disclosure is required by Law. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
We may contact you:
- For administration reasons related to the service to which you have signed up (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance, or in response to a question that you ask us).
- To provide you with information about our services, activities or online content. You should only receive such correspondence and updates from Online Merchant Ltd, if you have agreed to in response to any contact you have made with us, e.g. on our Facebook page, or via the Contact Us facility. It will be made clear to you where you have these choices, for example, by providing tick boxes for you to decide whether you wish to receive correspondence.
- To invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary).
Where we wish to use your personal information in any other way, we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed in this document.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
The following is strictly necessary in the operation of our website.
This Website Will:
- Remember what is in your shopping basket
- Remember where you are in the order process
- Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
The following are not Strictly Necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously):
This Website Will:
Track the pages you visits via Google Analytics
This Website Will:
Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook (If available)
Applications developed in connection with the website for mobile devices will operate and capture information as set out above. Applications developed by us but deployed on other platforms such as social media channels may provide feedback to us on activity and usage specific to a user.
Note: If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
The Data Controller for these Website and services provided through these Website is Robert Johnston, firstname.lastname@example.org
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under data protection legislation. If you would like a copy of the personal data or have any queries regarding our use of personal data please contact we have about you, please email us at email@example.com or write to
Online Merchant Ltd
If any of the information we hold about your in incorrect or incomplete please write or email us at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.